Hi everyone! Let’s do some catch up before we get into this amazing trip I was able to go on and photograph.
- Life is hectic. Say it with me. I’ll say it again. I’m sorry that I’ve been behind on posts! This apology is to you and myself.
- Dog training. Phew. Updates to come on this.
- Behind every successful, fulfilled, and busy woman is a dirty house. Please send help. Please come with a mop.
- Eating healthy is important. I’ve officially lost 20 pounds today!
- Family time is important and so is one on one time with your SO. Shout out to Shane and my family. I’ve been spending time with them after the last crazy 2 months of travel.
- I may have to (probably will have to) buy a new laptop. Please mourn my computer with me (and my bank account).
- CHRISTMAS is approaching! I’m that lady who’s excited for all things Holiday as of November 1st.
- Blog Blog Blog. I have a lot of ideas for A Glittered Life. So please subscribe, share and follow along because it’ll be a fun journey!
Okay those are the bullet points of my mind lately. I have been looking forward to writing this post for weeks so let’s get to it! I was able to go on a 2 week long trip to the Pacific Northwest for a business trip. I flew into Seattle and spent 4 nights there alone, drove to Boise, ID and picked up my co-worker, spent a night in Boise and Ontario, OR. Then drove to Spokane, WA and spent 2 nights there before driving down to Portland, OR where we spent 3 nights. Whew. It was a whirlwind but so amazing! I documented this trip with the blog in mind so I have a lot of great pictures! I don’t want to cram 2 weeks into one post so let’s start with Seattle, WA.
I selected the 2 pictures above to start this post because I know that when I think of Seattle I think of Pike’s Market and the Fremont Troll. I think the Fremont Troll has been stuck in my mind since I saw 10 Things I Hate About You. It looks different from the movie (pictured below) because it didn’t have the vines but it was as cool as I had played it up in my mind! But let’s back up and start with my first day in Seattle.
They say a picture is worth 1,000 words right? So I am just going to share the photos from my trip! We’ll call this a Photo Journal. I have so many pictures I want to share but I will still list my favorite parts of the trip at the end. The photos are in the order of the 4 days I was there. Enjoy Seattle, as seen through my eyes. 🙂
Where I went, in order of pictures:
- Pikes Place Market (of course!)
- Freemont Troll (I told you guys above how much I loved seeing the troll! Make sure you see this.)
- Pike Street Press Letterpress
- Rachel’s Ginger Beer (twice, to 2 different locations. Amazing. Life changing.)
- Original Starbucks (checked that off my bucket list!)
- The Gum Wall (not as gross as you’d think. Or maybe that’s just me thinking that? Either way, didn’t deter me from taking a selfie there.)
- Butter Home (So cute! The building is a really cool open concept with a bunch of other stores. I bought an amazing candle here called Fresh Arugula. You can buy it here!)
- Homegrown (Such a good salad. Super nice employees. 10/10 would recommend.)
- Stuhlbergs/Queen Anne (The picture with all that stationary? It was at this store. That’s a SMALL sample of what they sold. LOVED THIS STORE. Go here if you like stationary at all. Queen Anne was also my favorite neighborhood I visited in Seattle. Could 100% live there.)
- Local 360 (The burger and coffee.)
- Moorea Seal (Gorgeous store. Totally my style. I bought the owners book 52 Lists in Stuhlbergs and had to visit! Buy her book here!
- Starbucks Roastery & Tasting Room (Honestly, the best coffee I’ve ever had from Starbucks. Worth a visit!)
- Alki Beach (The picture of Seattle across the water was taken here. So relaxing. My cousin Eva took me here at night. I wish I would have gotten to visit on a sunny day!)
- Spud Fish & Chips (Best food I had the entire time in Seattle. So good. GO HERE.)
- 88 Keys (Dueling Piano Bar. Insanely fun experience! It’s a huge sing along and something everyone should try out. Eva took me here. That’s her and I in the last picture!)
- Cowgirls Inc (Not pictured. Ever seen Coyote Ugly? One of my favorite movies. It’s basically that in real life.)
- 13 Coins (Not pictured. It was our after hours food stop. Pretty classy but I think worth an experience if you’re out on the town!)
This was an amazing trip! I absolutely loved being able to take this work trip and have the flexibility to do sight seeing. The one thing I did NOT like was the traffic. Oy. That about gave me a heart attack, but other than that no complaints! Please let me know down below if you have any questions about visiting Seattle or want recommendations! Thank you for taking the time to see my trip 🙂