I am so excited for today’s post. I promised you all gift guides in my last post and I was determined to deliver! When I was thinking of creating these gift guides for Christmas my first thought was, “Who are they for?” I went through my usual list of people I buy for; mom, dad, boyfriend, etc. Then my own little furry friend snuggled up to me and the light bulb went off.
If you’re like me and so many people I know, your furry friend is a big part of your family. Every part of the family deserves a present on Christmas don’t you agree? Penelope is one spoiled little dachshund but that’s just part of the Christmas spirit. I have a dog so I wanted to create a dog gift guide. It is also very important to me in these gift guides to feature local business that I personally shop at. Shopping and supporting local is something I really love to do! Penelope gets all her food, treats, and many toys at Healthy Paws in Rapid City, SD so I definitely wanted to feature this store and their goodies. I linked their Facebook page above and I am also linking their business website.
All of the items in this gift guide can be bought locally at Healthy Paws in Rapid City and if you’re not near Rapid City hopefully some of these brands are new to you or sound like something your own little furry friend would love and you can find some online! Huge thanks to the owner Linda for always being so friendly in her shop and for lending these items to me so we can have this great gift guide! Below are all the items and their prices and some close up pictures of these products.
This is the first of 4 (or more) gift guides! Subscribe to the blog, like A Glittered Guide on Facebook, and follow me on Instagram to make sure you’re the first to know when the rest of the Gift Guides are put up! Let me know in the comments if you buy any of these gifts for your pup to sniff open on Christmas morning. Thanks for reading and enjoy!
1. Reindeer toy $20.99
2. Tree toy (Available in more colors) $13.99
3. Mini dog toy $5.50
4. Dog Collars (Available in various colors, designs, and sizes. Also made locally!) $15.99
5. Zuke’s Z-Bone’s Dental Chews (Available in various sizes and flavors. P’s favorite is the Clean Apple Crisp!) $1.10-4.50 depending on size
6. Primal “Dog Nog” aka Goat’s Milk (P eats this with every meal. It helps joints and there are many more benefits! 2 sizes available.) $5.99 or $10.99 depending on size
7. Vanilla Snowflake Fruitables Treats $5.99
8. Zuke’s Duck & Apple Link Treats (Various flavors and styles of treats. These are P’s FAVORITE so I had to include them!) $7.99
9. Santa toy $13.99
10. Gingerbread Buddy Biscuits $7.99
Just for fun, here’s a behind the scenes shot! I was setting everything up and my mom’s dachshund, Mila, was so intrigued she jumped up on the chair to get a better look (and tried to nab something). Proof that your dog will love these items!