I’m baaaaack! Woo hoo! I’ve missed you guys and my blog world. If you guys have read my last posts (or kept up with me on Instagram) you know that I have been traveling for work the past 2 months and I was recently roadtripping around the Pacific Northwest for 2 weeks. Sounds like a dream come true right? I was able to visit Seattle and Spokane, WA, Boise, ID, and Portland, OR and I’m extremely grateful that my work allows and trusts me to travel that far and represent the college I work for.
I took a ton of pictures, visited with family, tried a ton of awesome food, and spent a lot of money because you treat yo self on vacation (even if it’s work related). The thing about my travel though, is that it IS still work. I have places to be at, things to do, and calls and emails to keep up with. It’s flexible but the bottom line is, it’s work even if it’s great work. That being said, I’m tired. I got sick while I was in Seattle and spent the second week of traveling, driving, and working with congestion and a throbbing headache. I sucked down vitamin C, popped decongestants every 4 hours, and accepted that my mucus was along for the ride because sick days don’t work when you’re traveling.
As much as I love traveling I think that your body knows when it’s time to go home. It’s no fun being sick, and it’s even less fun being sick while you’re halfway across the U.S. from your own bed and puppy snuggles to make you better. The point of this post was to say that traveling is amazing and I think that we can all agree on that, but coming home is one of the best parts. My body was ready for some normalcy and homecooked food and TLC. I love my job and the work that I’m able to do, but it’s ok to say “Whew that was great. Now I’m happy to be home for a while.”
You know I will have travel journals coming ASAP but I missed you guys and wanted to check in and also end this post with my Fall Bucket List! Shane and I started a Summer Bucket List this past summer. We wrote down things we wanted to accomplish and/or do over the summer and then posted it to our fridge. We made the Fall list on my birthday in September but since I’ve been traveling we haven’t had a chance to do many of the items on it, but we still have a whole month to work on them!
If we want to get technical we actually named it “Supa Kewl Bucket Jamz ’15 Remix.” Enjoy!
Supa Kewl Bucket Jamz ’15 Remix
- Get Healthy
- Pretty self explanitory. We just like to keep a reminder on the fridge that we’re working towards healthy lifestyles every day!
- Pumpkin Patch
- I haven’t been to a true blue pumpkin patch in a long time! I’m hoping we can visit one tomorrow in Spearfish if Shane and I are feeling any better. He got sick too. I’m envisioning Penelope romping through the patch while we sip apple cider but it’ll probably end up with Penelope being naughty and having to be carried away because she makes me spill my apple cider.
- 5 New Bars/Restaurants
- Again, pretty self explanitory. We tend to visit our favorite bars or restaurants for date night every few weeks and we thought it’d be fun to make a pact this fall to try out new ones! This may have to extend into the winter bucket jamz.
- Be Creative
- I’m creative and so is Shane. We get in ruts sometimes like many people so we just wanted to keep a reminder for us to keep striving to be creative! I think we both can put check marks next to this, because I count this blog as my creative baby. 🙂
- Run 5k
- I thought about keeping this out but I’m going to be honest with my readers and say this was a goal for the fall. I don’t believe it’ll be happening but we may walk one! That’s the good thing about lists and goals, you can always put them onto the next list!
- Family Picture
- This was more for me than Shane, but I really want a good picture of us with P for my desk at work! I’m hoping this will happen in November out on my Parents ranch.
- 3 “Best” Movies
- I have always wanted to attempt at watching IMBD’s “100 Best Movies of All Time” list OR all the Oscar winning Best Pictures. We want to start the list off by watching 3 we haven’t seen this fall and seeing for ourselves if they’re really THE best.
- Read a Book
- Shane and I both love reading. We have an overflow of books on our bookshelf sitting next to me as I type this. But life gets busy and we don’t always make the time for this, so again it was a good reminder to write down. I can check this off! I just finished Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling on the plane home on Sunday.
- Apply to Grad School
- Me for my MBA, Shane to be a college professor. I’m signing up to take the GMAT this month so more to come on that!
So that’s it! I love seeing our list on the fridge every day. It’s a reminder to us to keep doing different things together and to enjoy our time together and the fun things in life. I never want to grow up but if I have to it may as well be fun! So my challenge to all of you reading this is to take care of yourselves today because your body needs it and then write down your own Fall Bucket List/Supa Kewl Bucket Jamz ’15 Remix. It’s fun to be on the go but it’s also necessary to slow down and give yourself and your life some TLC. Now excuse me while I go take a decongestant and cuddle with P.