It’s time for my second local gift guide! This is the gift guide for that friend that loves herself a nice day or night at home. The person who has great taste in lounge clothes, books, and candles. This person is me and could easily be you, or your co-worker, or your sister, etc. I for one LOVE being home. I don’t feel like I’m there enough, but when I am I love to light a candle, put on my softest clothes and depending on my mood watch some TV, make a cup of coffee, or read a book. That was the inspiration for this gift guide!
All of the items are locally made, sold, or found! As I said in my last gift guide, shopping and supporting local is something I am very passionate about. Small businesses are where you find the heart of a city. Some of these items can only be found in Rapid City but many can be bought online as well! A special thank you to Elan at Elan’s Vintage Boutique, Kayleigh at Dixon Coffee, and Steph Weyer for lending and giving me these items to feature in the gift guide! A final thank you to my mom and her business Kountry Junkin’ for providing me so many amazing candles.
I have talked about Dixon in posts before and they are one of my absolute favorite coffee stops in Rapid City. It’s a drive thru hut so it’s quick and located right next to one of the busiest roads in Rapid so it’s easy to get to! Elan’s Vintage Boutique is a store that I have taken countless friends to over the years and declared that it will be one of their favorite stores in Rapid. She sells vintage clothes, jewelry, and shoes of course. However some of my personal favorite items are her handmade jewelry. It’s a mix of so many great items and they also have an Etsy store set up. Finally, Steph Weyer is a family friend who makes the coolest necklaces! They all have a meaning to them. I love looking at the charms she puts together and guessing what each one means. Keep reading below to see the messages I chose for this guide. To buy the necklaces featured in the gift guides or to contact her to see what other jewelry she has, email her at email@example.com.
Make sure you all check out their businesses and tell them A Glittered Life sent you there! Let me know in the comments which of these items is your favorite and if you buy any for your Christmas Presents. Thank you for reading A Glittered Life and helping me to support local businesses! Enjoy,
1. Vintage Long Blue Cardigan (size S/M and super cozy!) $22.50 available at Elan’s
2. Glittery Necklace and French Toast Necklace (close ups down below!) $28 from Steph Weyer
3. The Girl on the Train (the book I’m personally reading. Available at local bookstores or online.) $13.47 on Amazon
4. Handmade Leather and Fabric Bracelet $14.50 available at Elan’s
5. Soy Melt in Homestead Holiday Scent (available in multiple scents) $5.50 available from Kountry Junkin’ or straight from the 1803 website.
6. Dixon Gift Card $1-1,000,000 They offer them in any amount!
7. Vanilla Espresso Almond Pecan Nut Butter (available in multiple flavors) $10 available from Dixon or directly from the She’s Nuts website.
8. Vintage Black Leggings (so soft!) $12.50 available at Elan’s
9. Bonus: Vintage Wyoming Coffee Mug I found this at a local yard sale! Funky, cool, and unique coffee mugs are my thing. This is a bonus because you can hit up any local thrift store or garage sale to find a one of a kind coffee mug for the person on your Christmas list! Added bonus? The are usually only .25-$1.